Saturday, August 29, 2009

Round Two!

And the winner is...everyone! Or so I hope.

Yesterday I got the second set of editor's comments and changes to my story. I went over them, accepted or commented on the changes and emailed it back. I also added a dedication and a bio for myself. One more round of edits and we'll be ready to publish. At that point I think I'll get a publication date. As soon as I know it, fear not--I'll let all and sundry know when my deathless prose will be unleashed on the world.

Meanwhile, I'm currently working on another Wicked submission to Cobblestone Press. I'd hoped to have it done by now, but it's coming along more slowly than I'd hoped. I'm making steady progress, mind you, but more slowly than I'd planned. Still, it should be ready to send out in a day or two.

Other than that, I've got half a dozen other stories simmering in the back of my mind. Some are partial drafts, some are mostly just ideas at this point. I was hoping to have finished and sent out several stories this month, but it hasn't happened. Such is life. I'll try to do better in September.

September will also see me attending a writer's workshop in Lincoln City, Oregon. I'll be attending the "Kris and Dean Show" put on by Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Katheryn Rusch, two successful writers who, both separately and together, have published many, many books and make their living as novelists. They've also both been editors, among other things, and have a lot of useful information to impart. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment