Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Edits!

I received a marked up copy of my story "Flying High" by email today from my editor at Cobblestone Press, along with the CP style guide and a "how to" document for using Word's "track changes" feature. I went over the edits this afternoon. I accepted most of them, suggested different edits for a couple, and made a couple of comments. Then I emailed it back.

I did the editing on my laptop, which runs Windows XP, because my primary PC runs linux and I use OpenOffice instead of Microsoft word. I didn't think OpenOffice could read or work with the track changes feature so I used Word on the laptop instead. But just a few minutes ago opened the emailed copy of my story (the one with the editor's changes rather than my own) in OpenOffice and discovered that I could, in fact, read and work with the changes in OpenOffice.

That's good. It means I don't have to depend on the laptop do my editing. In any case, that ends round 1 of three rounds of edits before it's ready to be published. I still don't know when it'll be published, but we're moving toward publication. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment